Effective date: 16th May 2018
Lovestruck.com ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read below to see how Lovestruck handles information. Before you get to the details, here are a few of our fundamental privacy principles:
- Information you upload or post to Lovestruck may be seen by others depending on your privacy settings.
- We give you several ways to control the privacy of your personal information and are continuously working to enhance privacy options available to you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Lovestruck Limited, Audley House, 12 Margaret Street, London W1W 8RH. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Michael Ye.
We Collect, Use, Share and Otherwise Process Information
- where you have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- where you have made the information public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and
- where necessary for the purposes of Lovestruck’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members or partners.
Our Legitimate Interests
We process your information in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including:
- providing and improving the Services, including any personalised Services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing and developing innovative and tailored offerings to our members on a sustained basis; and
- keeping the Services safe and secure. We do so as it is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of Lovestruck and its members in ensuring the Services are secure, and to protect against fraud, spam and abuse, etc.
Information Lovestruck Collects
Lovestruck collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you or your other members choose to share it with Lovestruck. We receive information in a few different ways:
- We collect basic account information that you provided at the point of registering by filling in forms on our website or apps (collectively, the “Services”) such as your name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender, sexual preference, job title, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- Lovestruck allows you to sign up and log in to the Services using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook (“Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Services with Third-Party Accounts we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, photo, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to Lovestruck under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy settings in your Third-Party Account.
- Profile and use information is collected about you when you choose to upload a picture, submit additional account information (such as relationship status, nationality, ethnicity, religion, education, graduated school, relationship status, dependants, height, interests, date ideas and income), perform actions on the Services such as liking or messaging a member (including date, time and geo-location information) or post, view others’ activities, subscribe to our service or otherwise use the Services.
- When you make a payment on Lovestruck, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your support requests and comments. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
Any time you visit the Lovestruck Services or apps, we gather certain information about your use (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyse trends, administer the Services, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. For example, we log your IP address for system administration and moderation purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user's session to help us understand which parts of our Services users are visiting. We do not link any of the information in our log files to any other information that would enable us to determine your actual identity.
In summary, a user's session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous. We will only link your log files to your personal details, if necessary and in exceptional circumstances, for internal troubleshooting and system performance purposes. We do not share your log files externally.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer and/or mobile. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s/mobile’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Services according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognise you when you return to our Services.
How Lovestruck Uses Information
We also use your information to analyse, develop and improve the Services. To do this, Lovestruck may use third party providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the Services.
Lovestruck may de-identify or aggregate the content you make available in connection with the Services, in ways that do not personally identify you. Examples of such aggregated information or statistical data include information about usage or demographics. Lovestruck may use, sell, license, and share this information with third parties for research, business or other purposes such as to improve matching. Please visit your privacy settings if you object to Lovestruck using your information for these purposes.
We use your information to communicate with you about the Services, call or send you marketing communications and information regarding our other services that we feel may interest you (where you have agreed to receive such email messages, SMS messages or phone calls), or let you know about new features or updates to our Terms of Service. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. Lovestruck will use your information to communicate with you, for example by sending you notifications.
How Information is Shared
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to Lovestruck such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, processing payments, or fulfilling orders. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. Our third-party providers are as follows;
Our behavioural matching recommendation tool uses over 40 combined machine learning algorithms and other artificial intelligence to recommend other Lovestruck Members by analysing whom Lovestruck Members are liking and viewing on the Services.
Our Scammer detection tool allows us to accurately detect scammers by looking for patterns in freeform text and messages that detects “scammer grammar” vs normal local use of grammar. The image detection can instantly check images against millions of blacklisted images worldwide to make sure they are instantly eliminated from going live on Lovestruck and putting sincere Members at risk.
We offer the mass-adopted Facebook log in tool to help members register on Lovestruck with maximum ease and minimum hassle by auto-completing their basic account information.
We use AppsFlyer to help us make better decisions. It’s the world's leading mobile attribution & marketing analytics platform.
We may also engage service providers to collect information about your use of the Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote Lovestruck or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services or other Services or services.
Affiliates and Acquirers of our Business or Assets
How We Protect Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. The Services uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. To achieve maximum data security, all Members’ passwords are encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data (our secure servers use advanced firewall technology), we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorised access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use an SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Lovestruck recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
While Lovestruck continues to work hard to protect your personal information (such as password encryption), no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Lovestruck cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Lovestruck. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Managing Your Settings
Lovestruck offers several features and settings to help you manage your privacy. To manage your privacy settings, please visit Lovestruck.com/settings.
Adjust Notification and Email Preferences
Lovestruck offers various ways to manage the notifications you receive. You can choose to stop receiving certain emails and notifications by indicating your preference in the 'Settings' page in 'My Account'.
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update profile or account information that is inaccurate at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings. If you need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. Lovestruck will generally respond to your request within 2 business days.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may request that your account is deleted via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the 'My Account' section and click on the 'Deactivate my account' link. the Services. Once deleted, your data, including your account, activities and messages cannot be reinstated.
Your public profile may be displayed in search engine results until the search engine refreshes its cache.
You have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
Access and Porting
You can access much of your information by logging into your account. If you require additional access or if you are not a Lovestruck member, contact us at email@example.com. To receive a copy of your data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete
You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account. To completely deactivate your account, simply go to My Account and click on the 'Deactivate my account' link.
If you are unable to do this, please contact us at email@example.com. Lovestruck will generally respond to your request within 2 business days. To cancel your subscription, please email a cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two working days before your subscription is due for renewal. For your security, this email must: contain your Lovestruck username and be sent from the email address that you use for your Lovestruck account.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to show your profile in search results, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Retention of Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and others, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. Information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide the Services or until you ask us to delete it or your account is deleted whichever comes first.
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Lovestruck, such as statistics of the use of the Services. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.